To create a well-regulated and prosperous industry, the State of Oregon has enacted several safeguards and structures that both support businesses and also seek to protect people and communities. These include:
- Oversight and monitoring for each “link” of the supply chain, from seed to sale.
- Establishing limits for possession, sales and public consumption (and allowing local communities to opt-out of the market).
- Creating product testing, packaging and labeling requirements and other protections for consumers.
- Enforcing child-resistant packaging regulations to keep marijuana out of the hands of children.
- Developing a youth prevention campaign to discourage underage use. (For more information regarding youth marijuana prevention please visit the Oregon Health Authority’s Stay True to You campaign website.)
Please share this information with someone you know. Some aspects of the law are still being determined. To stay up to date, sign up for our e-newsletter or find us online. www.facebook.com/whatslegalOR | @whatslegalOR
If you have a question that’s not answered here, take a look at the full list of FAQs or contact OLCC staff. We’ll do our best to get you the information you need based on what we know now. Additional information is available at marijuana.oregon.gov.